Online Classes 202028th Jun, 2020
We are going through a time of major upheaval to our normal routines and ways of life and there’s a great deal of unusual disturbance around us. While no one is sure yet how long this online learning will continue, but we know that it won’t last forever, inshaAllah.
Children take cues from parents and teachers’ behaviour and attitudes, so it is important to communicate calm, confidence and optimism that we will pull through the crisis together. Managing our own emotions and problems will help our children stay focused on learning.
Online classes for Grade 3-10 have been planned till the Government allows schools to be reopened.
The guidance below will help you to make the best of new and unfamiliar distance learning. It will help you to be ready for more practical aspects of learning from home.
- Select or set up an area that’s dedicated to online class, make sure it is quiet, free from distraction and has a good internet connection.
- Monthly evaluation will be based on assignments and attendance. Objective is to ensure maximum attendance and practice of concepts done in the class.
- Students will do the exercise on loose sheets and write assignment number on top of the sheet along with topic and date to keep record of topics done in the class.
- Students will keep the assignments in a clear bag provided by school.
- Assignments and written work for correction will be submitted to school at the end of every month. Date and day will be shared in the relevant WhatsApp group. As it is known to you that due to COVID-19, teaching staff is not available in school except for fixed days, so kindly drop the solved assignments on due date so that assignments can be checked on time.
- Profile pictures and status of ALL group members should NOT be objectionable.
- Remind your child to be polite, respectful and appropriate in their communications and to follow school guidelines in their interactions with teachers and class fellows during class.
- Video or audio recording of online class is NOT allowed.
- In case your child can not attend the class, the teacher will not teach that topic again. Like regular school policy, you have to contact his/her class fellow for missing work or take help from solved images/notes shared in the relevant WhatsApp group.
- Maintain healthy parent teacher relationship and positive interactions. Teachers will MAINLY be communicating regularly through online class, students are encouraged to ask questions there or the next day during class. If the students or parents have concerns let relevant coordinator know through a text or short/to the point voice message between 1:00pm to 4:00pm but understand it may take few hours or a day for us to respond. (Calls will NOT be entertained)
- Parents are NOT allowed to disturb the class at any stage. Teachers will only entertain student’s query during the class.
- Traditional school days provide students a disciplined life, this is hard for parents to replicate it in distance online learning so look for the things that can be used as reward for your child.
- Please download Zoom app. You can watch the video Tutorial for downloading and understanding zoom app on YouTube.
Principal and teachers will keep you updated with other instructions in the relevant WhatsApp groups.
Jazakumullah khairan for your cooperation.
Tweets from Olives
Dated: 23rd Nov 20202/2
Please make necessary arrangements for online classes. Download ZOOM App & watch tutorials on Youtube for its better understanding. Recordings will neither be available nor allowed.
Further details will be shared in WhatsApp groups.
Dated: 23rd Nov 2020Respected Parents
As per government notification, school will be closed for students from Thursday, 26 November 2020. Online classes will commence from Monday, 30 November 2020 for all classes including Montessori & Hifz.
Dated: 16th Nov 2020Respected Parents
Government has decided NOT to close the schools due to #COVID19 situation.
#School will remain open unless the local government announces the closure due to road blockade in some areas of #Rawalpindi & #Islamabad.
Jazakumullah Khairan https://twitter.com/DrMuradPTI/status/1328238932895690752
Dated: 9th Nov 2020@irfantq @MishkatWT For those who cannot afford education, @MishkatWT has a separate charity school @IslahSchool with only PKR 350 fee per month along with free books.
Junior & Girls Senior Campus
Academics Office: +92-51-5954432
Account Office: +92-51-5954242
Boys Senior Campus
Contact: +92-51-8460149, +92-51-8460150